March 21st -28th
Culture Shock – Costa Rica is relatively easy to adapt to and the people are very friendly and inviting. Spanish is the official language so try to learn a little before arriving!
Physical Demands – There will be traveling on bumpy roads at times. Expect heat and maybe a little humidity. Be sure to drink lots of bottled water throughout the trip. Hiking at the volcano is optional.
Food and Drink – Enjoy local fare at the hotel and in town including yucca, plantains, and corn tortillas. Only drink bottled water.
Accommodations – Amazing eco-tourist hotels and lodges. All the basic necessities provided. Air conditioning and /or ceiling fans included.
Volunteer Work – Light work in the community at local orphanages, schools and a monkey project.
Documents Needed: Passport
Selva Verde Lodge – A haven for nature enthusiasts, hikers, birders, and general travelers, This eco-lodge is committed to conservation and preservation. Spacious wooded verandahs with hammock elevated views, hot water, hair dryers, safety boxes, ceiling fans, and phones included. Come experience the rainforest like never before!
Arenal Paraíso Hotel
Tamarinda Diria Hotel
- 7 nights accommodations
- All ground transfers
- All meals
- Visit to La Fortuna Waterfall Garden
- Visit to the Arenal Volcano
- Services of a PKN Trip Leader
- Coordination of all volunteer work
- Airport departure taxes. ($29.00 per person)
- Bottled water for passengers (one bottle p/day)
- Bell boys, maids and portage tips
- Transfer in & out Airport / Hotel / Airport if the participants arrive and depart in the same flight.
- Meals and beverages, other than specified.
- Gratuities to driver, naturalist-guide and other conveyance attendants.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature.
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing of Inclusions.